Most Active Stories
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Complaints Voiced At Forum About VA Claims Backlog
- Where Did That Fried Chicken Stereotype Come From?
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- NY AG Breaks Cigarette Trafficking Ring, Hints Terror Ties
WAMC New York News
Tue July 20, 2004
NY Lt. Gov. Calls on Assembly to Pass Anti-Terror Bill
By Allison Dunne
Poughkeepsie, NY – New York's Lieutenant Governor stopped in three counties to drum up support for passage of anti-terrorism legislation. She says the state assembly is to blame for bickering about new penalties for those who launder money and provide financial support to terrorists. One of the Hudson Valley's assemblymen also supports the bill. However, civil liberties advocates see problems on a broader scale. WAMC's Hudson Valley Bureau Chief Allison Dunne reports.