Most Active Stories
- Dr. Russell Johnson, Michigan State University - The Harmful Effects of Smartphones
- The Great Debate - Single Payer or Private Insurance
- MA Health Connector Dwindles Backlog; Website Work Remains
- Dr. Russell Poldrack, University of Texas at Austin - Studying fluctuations of the brain
- A Whole Lotta Flash: Lesli Margherita In "Matilda: The Musical"
WAMC New York News
Tue July 20, 2004
NY Lt. Gov. Calls on Assembly to Pass Anti-Terror Bill
By Allison Dunne
Poughkeepsie, NY – New York's Lieutenant Governor stopped in three counties to drum up support for passage of anti-terrorism legislation. She says the state assembly is to blame for bickering about new penalties for those who launder money and provide financial support to terrorists. One of the Hudson Valley's assemblymen also supports the bill. However, civil liberties advocates see problems on a broader scale. WAMC's Hudson Valley Bureau Chief Allison Dunne reports.