Most Active Stories
- Retracing The Steps Of Solomon Northup In Saratoga Springs
- Health Summit Focuses On Gender Equality In Clinical Research
- Vox Pop : Medical Monday - Dr. Richard Horowitz : 2/24/14
- Senate Republicans Block Sanders Omnibus Veterans Bill
- Dr. David Trilling, Northern Arizona University - Can an asteroid impact Earth?
WAMC New York News
Tue July 20, 2004
NY Lt. Gov. Calls on Assembly to Pass Anti-Terror Bill
By Allison Dunne
Poughkeepsie, NY – New York's Lieutenant Governor stopped in three counties to drum up support for passage of anti-terrorism legislation. She says the state assembly is to blame for bickering about new penalties for those who launder money and provide financial support to terrorists. One of the Hudson Valley's assemblymen also supports the bill. However, civil liberties advocates see problems on a broader scale. WAMC's Hudson Valley Bureau Chief Allison Dunne reports.