Most Active Stories
- Retracing The Steps Of Solomon Northup In Saratoga Springs
- Health Summit Focuses On Gender Equality In Clinical Research
- Vox Pop : Medical Monday - Dr. Richard Horowitz : 2/24/14
- Senate Republicans Block Sanders Omnibus Veterans Bill
- Dr. David Trilling, Northern Arizona University - Can an asteroid impact Earth?
Mon July 8, 2013
NY Man Held In Mass. Faces Double Murder Charges
New York Authorities will move early this week to have a man accused of killing his parents brought to New York from Massachusetts.
State police say 22-year-old Anthony Repp will face second-degree murder charges for the deadly beatings during an argument Thursday.
They say autopsies determined Repp's 58-year-old mother, Cynthia Matala, and stepfather, 62-year-old Michael Matala, died from skull fractures and brain injuries.
Repp was arrested Friday in Deerfield, Mass., a day after the attacks at the Matala's home in the Rensselaer County town of Schaghticoke.
Michael Matala was pronounced dead Thursday. His wife died late Friday at an Albany hospital.
Repp is being held for extradition.
Troopers released the autopsy results Sunday.
Copyright 2013 Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.