Most Active Stories
- Marlboro High School Students, Parents, Sue Coach, District
- Riverkeeper Raises Concern Over Fracking Waste As De-Icer For NY Roads
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- NY: Vatican Survey & "Francis Effect"
Mon July 8, 2013
NY Man Held In Mass. Faces Double Murder Charges
New York Authorities will move early this week to have a man accused of killing his parents brought to New York from Massachusetts.
State police say 22-year-old Anthony Repp will face second-degree murder charges for the deadly beatings during an argument Thursday.
They say autopsies determined Repp's 58-year-old mother, Cynthia Matala, and stepfather, 62-year-old Michael Matala, died from skull fractures and brain injuries.
Repp was arrested Friday in Deerfield, Mass., a day after the attacks at the Matala's home in the Rensselaer County town of Schaghticoke.
Michael Matala was pronounced dead Thursday. His wife died late Friday at an Albany hospital.
Repp is being held for extradition.
Troopers released the autopsy results Sunday.
Copyright 2013 Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.