Most Active Stories
- Dr. Russell Johnson, Michigan State University - The Harmful Effects of Smartphones
- The Great Debate - Single Payer or Private Insurance
- MA Health Connector Dwindles Backlog; Website Work Remains
- Dr. Russell Poldrack, University of Texas at Austin - Studying fluctuations of the brain
- A Whole Lotta Flash: Lesli Margherita In "Matilda: The Musical"
New York News
Thu September 13, 2012
NY official expected to investigate press leaks
New York's inspector general is expected to investigate what are being called leaks of inside information to reporters from the state ethics board. WAMC's Dave Lucas has more...
The state Joint Commission on Public Ethics is investigating sexual harassment in the Assembly, including allegations against a Democrat and a $103,000 settlement using public money.
Several commissioners complained during this week's meeting about what they said were leaks of inaccurate information about their votes and discussions behind closed doors the week before.
Under the law that created the commission, such claims would immediately be referred to the inspector general. That office wouldn't comment Thursday.
Some recent press reports were about the commission's decision to investigate the Assembly case and to issue subpoenas.
The commission's spokesman has declined to comment on the information attributed to unnamed officials.
© 2012 ASSOCIATED PRESS