Most Active Stories
- Cousin, 19, Charged With Murder Of 5-Year-Old After Kidnapping Hoax
- County Execs Propose Partial Funding Plan For The New NY Bridge
- Part Five Of Student Loan Series Focuses On Young Farmers
- Officials Inaugurate High Speed Rail Line In Western Mass.
- Part Two Of Student Loan Series Looks At Adult Learners
New York News
Mon September 17, 2012
NY, PA National Guard Units at South Africa Air Show
Members of the New York and Pennsylvania National Guards are taking part in Africa's largest air show… more from WAMC’s Dave Lucas.
A New York Air National Guard C-17 Globemaster transport plane from the 105th Airlift Wing based at Steward International Airport at Newburgh left for Pretoria, South Africa on Friday. Other New York National Guard members heading for the air show are leaving on commercial airliners Monday.
In addition to the Air National Guard crew members aboard the C-17, three soldiers from a New York Army National Guard unit based in Queens and five soldiers from Pennsylvania's Army National Guard made the trip to South Africa.
They're scheduled to return to the United States next Monday.
It's the fifth time the New York National Guard has attended the air show, held every other year.
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press.