Most Active Stories
- Next In NYS: Legal Marijuana?
- Riverkeeper Raises Concern Over Fracking Waste As De-Icer For NY Roads
- An Apple A Day Keeps The Doctor Away, And Statins Do, Too
- Family Of Norman Rockwell Angered Over Conclusions Drawn In New Rockwell Biography
- Dr. Robert Levenson, University of California Berkeley - Genetics of Marital Bliss
New York News
Mon September 17, 2012
NY, PA National Guard Units at South Africa Air Show
Members of the New York and Pennsylvania National Guards are taking part in Africa's largest air show… more from WAMC’s Dave Lucas.
A New York Air National Guard C-17 Globemaster transport plane from the 105th Airlift Wing based at Steward International Airport at Newburgh left for Pretoria, South Africa on Friday. Other New York National Guard members heading for the air show are leaving on commercial airliners Monday.
In addition to the Air National Guard crew members aboard the C-17, three soldiers from a New York Army National Guard unit based in Queens and five soldiers from Pennsylvania's Army National Guard made the trip to South Africa.
They're scheduled to return to the United States next Monday.
It's the fifth time the New York National Guard has attended the air show, held every other year.
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press.