Most Active Stories
- Marlboro High School Students, Parents, Sue Coach, District
- Riverkeeper Raises Concern Over Fracking Waste As De-Icer For NY Roads
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- NY: Vatican Survey & "Francis Effect"
New York News
Mon May 21, 2012
NY Politicians, Parents Denounce al-Megrahi
Senator Charles Schumer says it's a "grave injustice" that the Libyan man convicted of the 1988 bombing of Pan Am Flight 103 was allowed to die in freedom rather than behind bars.
The plane crash in Lockerbie, Scotland, took a heavy toll on New York, with 35 Syracuse University students among the 270 victims. Susan Cohen, the mother of one of those students, says the death of Abdel Baset al-Megrahi is no reason to stop investigating who was behind the blast. Al-Megrahi's death was announced Sunday.
Senator Kirsten Gillibrand said the death of al-Megrahi, along with that of Libyan dictator Moammar Gadhafi in 2011, bring to a close the miscarriage of justice that brought so much pain to the families of Lockerbie victims.
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.