Most Active Stories
- New Analysis And Science Answer Governor Cuomo’s Fracking Concerns
- Anchor Stores Announced For Newburgh Shopping Complex
- North Adams Goes Unsilent: Electronic Audio Experience Fills Streets
- BMC Nurses Picket Claiming Unsafe Staffing Levels
- Conservation Group Praises USCG, EPA Oil-Spill Response Plan Effort
New York News
Mon April 16, 2012
NY Priest On Leave; Abuse Claims Investigated
A 74-year-old priest is on administrative leave as the Albany Roman Catholic Diocese investigates a sexual abuse claim against him. WAMC's Tristan O'Neill reports...
The Reverend Jeremiah Nunan was cleared six years ago of allegations that he sexually abused a minor. The Albany Times-Union reports that the diocese announced the new allegations over the weekend.
Nunan is pastor of Sacred Heart Parish in Cairo and Our Lady of Knock Mission in East Durham in Greene County.
The diocese says it acted after a civil lawsuit was filed claiming that Nunan sexually abused one individual for 15 years. The diocese says Nunan has denied the allegations.
Diocese spokesman Ken Goldfarb said the case was referred to the Greene County district attorney's office.
Tristan O’Neill, WAMC News.
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.