Most Active Stories
- New Analysis And Science Answer Governor Cuomo’s Fracking Concerns
- Owens Would Like To Continue In Economic Development Role
- Major Decisions On Casinos, Hydrofracking And Thruway Tolls Due Before End Of Year
- Conservation Group Praises USCG, EPA Oil-Spill Response Plan Effort
- Northeast Energy Direct Pipeline Route Moves North
Fri February 7, 2014
NY Resort Closed Following Virus Outbreak
A Catskill mountain resort is closing for a week after a virus sickened hundreds of guests and employees.
The Mohonk Mountain House in New Paltz closed Friday afternoon. It expects to reopen on Feb. 14. A spokeswoman for the historic resort says several hundred guests and staff started getting sick last Friday.
Mohonk has hired a disaster-remediation company to sanitize the resort, which can accommodate 600 guests. It is a National Historic Landmark resort and Historic Hotel of America overlooking a lake in Ulster County.
Copyright 2014 The Associated Press.