Most Active Stories
- Cousin, 19, Charged With Murder Of 5-Year-Old After Kidnapping Hoax
- County Execs Propose Partial Funding Plan For The New NY Bridge
- Part Five Of Student Loan Series Focuses On Young Farmers
- Officials Inaugurate High Speed Rail Line In Western Mass.
- Part Two Of Student Loan Series Looks At Adult Learners
WAMC New York News
Tue January 11, 2005
NY Senate & Assembly Take on Rules Changes
By Karen Dewitt
Albany, NY – A nasty fight on the Senate floor was averted when Republicans, in the Majority in that house, succumbed to pressure by Minority Party Democrats. They agreed to come up with bipartisan changes to make the
Senate's rules more open and democratic. WAMC's Capitol Correspondent, Karen DeWitt reports.