Most Active Stories
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Where Did That Fried Chicken Stereotype Come From?
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- NY AG Breaks Cigarette Trafficking Ring, Hints Terror Ties
- Dr. Claudia Buchmann, Ohio State University – Higher Education Gender Gap
WAMC New York News
Mon January 26, 2004
NY Senator Lambasts Delay in Homeland Security Funds
By Allison Dunne
New York, NY – The U.S. Conference of Mayors issued a report last week saying 76 percent of cities surveyed have not received any money from the country's homeland security program. One of New York's Senators addressed the Mayors, and introduced legislation to speed up the funding. Senator Hillary Rodham Clinton says she is tired of the bureaucracy that is holding up the funds, especially for a state that is consistently on the radar of terrorists. WAMC's Allison Dunne reports.