Most Active Stories
- Marlboro High School Students, Parents, Sue Coach, District
- Riverkeeper Raises Concern Over Fracking Waste As De-Icer For NY Roads
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- NY: Vatican Survey & "Francis Effect"
WAMC New York News
Mon January 26, 2004
NY Senator Lambasts Delay in Homeland Security Funds
By Allison Dunne
New York, NY – The U.S. Conference of Mayors issued a report last week saying 76 percent of cities surveyed have not received any money from the country's homeland security program. One of New York's Senators addressed the Mayors, and introduced legislation to speed up the funding. Senator Hillary Rodham Clinton says she is tired of the bureaucracy that is holding up the funds, especially for a state that is consistently on the radar of terrorists. WAMC's Allison Dunne reports.