Most Active Stories
- Cousin, 19, Charged With Murder Of 5-Year-Old After Kidnapping Hoax
- County Execs Propose Partial Funding Plan For The New NY Bridge
- Part Five Of Student Loan Series Focuses On Young Farmers
- Officials Inaugurate High Speed Rail Line In Western Mass.
- Part Two Of Student Loan Series Looks At Adult Learners
WAMC New York News
Mon October 6, 2003
NY Senator Says Book Costs Warrant Tax Breaks
By Allison Dunne
Albany, NY – They are a burden on the shoulders, and the wallet. A report by New York Democratic Senator Charles Schumer says the average college textbook rings up at more than one-hundred dollars. So he is proposing a tax deduction to ease the pain. WAMC's Hudson Valley Bureau Chief Allison Dunne has more.