Most Active Stories
- Marlboro High School Students, Parents, Sue Coach, District
- Riverkeeper Raises Concern Over Fracking Waste As De-Icer For NY Roads
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- NY: Vatican Survey & "Francis Effect"
WAMC New York News
Wed August 11, 2004
NY Senators: Increase Reliability of Electricity Grid
By Allison Dunne
Kingston, NY – Saturday marks the one-year anniversary of the massive blackout that affected several Northeastern states, including New York. Now, two New York Senators are using the anniversary in separately calling for measures to increase accountability and reliability of the electricity industry. WAMC's Hudson Valley Bureau Chief Allison Dunne reports.