Most Active Stories
- New Analysis And Science Answer Governor Cuomo’s Fracking Concerns
- Anchor Stores Announced For Newburgh Shopping Complex
- BMC Nurses Picket Claiming Unsafe Staffing Levels
- Vermont GMO Supporters Decry Federal Bill Targeting State Level Legislation
- Conservation Group Praises USCG, EPA Oil-Spill Response Plan Effort
Fri January 18, 2013
NY soldier charged in theft of several guns in 2011
SCHOHARIE, N.Y. (AP) — State police say a soldier stationed in the Pacific Northwest has been charged in the theft of several firearms from an upstate New York home two years ago.
Troopers say Thursday that 21-year-old Luke Aulita of the Schoharie County town of Wright was arrested earlier this month and charged with criminal possession of stolen property after an investigation into the theft of firearms from a residence. Police did not identify the types of guns stolen.
Troopers say Aulita voluntarily returned to New York while stationed in the U.S. Army in Washington state.
He was arraigned in the Town of Schoharie Court and jailed on $10,000 bail. It couldn't be determined if he had a lawyer.
Information on Aulita's rank and Army unit wasn't available from state police.
- © 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved.
New England News
New York News