Most Active Stories
- Cheerios Commercial Leaves Bitter Taste
- Breaking the Sound Barrier - NPR Labs Brings Radio To Hearing Impaired
- Dr. Dorothy Peteet, Columbia University – Hudson River and Climate Records
- Dr. Sara Konrath, University of Michigan – Age and Empathy
- Mass. Medical Marijuana Regulations Approved, Communities Prepare For Dispensaries
Capital District News
Sat January 5, 2013
NY soldiers wed at airport before catching flights
A military couple has enlisted the help of a New York airport's staff to get married while awaiting flights to their respective military assignments. WAMC’s Dave Lucas has more…
The Times Union of Albany reports that Caitlin Murray and Sean Whitney's spur-of-the-moment wedding occurred Thursday in the observation deck at Albany International Airport. The soldiers, both privates first class, decided to get hitched as they awaited separate flights, hers to North Carolina and his to St. Louis.
The couple asked airport employees for help, and they responded by getting the town's marriage officer to show up. The airport's chief executive officer served as witness.
Murray and Whitney met last March at an Army recruiting office.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press.