Most Active Stories
- Cousin, 19, Charged With Murder Of 5-Year-Old After Kidnapping Hoax
- County Execs Propose Partial Funding Plan For The New NY Bridge
- Part Five Of Student Loan Series Focuses On Young Farmers
- Officials Inaugurate High Speed Rail Line In Western Mass.
- Part Two Of Student Loan Series Looks At Adult Learners
WAMC New York News
Wed October 6, 2004
NY State Brownfields Grants Announced
By Pat Bradley
Plattsburgh, NY – Governor Pataki traveled to Plattsburgh, New York on Tuesday to announce 3-million dollars in grants for six communities to determine whether re-development sites contain industrial contaminants. The money is being distributed under state superfund legislation that was reformed one year ago. The Governor announced that Plattsburgh is among the communities receiving a brownfields grant. More from North Country Bureau Chief Pat Bradley.