Most Active Stories
- Marlboro High School Students, Parents, Sue Coach, District
- Riverkeeper Raises Concern Over Fracking Waste As De-Icer For NY Roads
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- NY: Vatican Survey & "Francis Effect"
WAMC New York News
Wed October 6, 2004
NY State Brownfields Grants Announced
By Pat Bradley
Plattsburgh, NY – Governor Pataki traveled to Plattsburgh, New York on Tuesday to announce 3-million dollars in grants for six communities to determine whether re-development sites contain industrial contaminants. The money is being distributed under state superfund legislation that was reformed one year ago. The Governor announced that Plattsburgh is among the communities receiving a brownfields grant. More from North Country Bureau Chief Pat Bradley.