Most Active Stories
- Marlboro High School Students, Parents, Sue Coach, District
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- F-35 To Be Housed At Vermont Air Guard Base
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- White House Cites Pre-Existing Condition Case From Its Own Ranks
New York News
Thu October 3, 2013
NY State Health Care Website Slammed With 30M Hits
New York's website to allow the uninsured to shop for health insurance under the nation's new health care law has struggled under the surge of nearly 30 million hits in two days.
New York has just 2.7 million uninsured residents, so state officials are trying to figure out why their website has attracted more hits than any other state's.
State Department of Health Executive Director Donna Frescatore says the agency doubled the website's capacity after users experienced delays and other difficulties entering it.
The state's computer system is monitoring it to see if hits are being made by robots as a protest or as a way to disrupt the health care program.
Republicans in Washington have rejected Democratic demands to vote on legislation ending a partial government shutdown without changes to the health care law.
Copyright 2013 Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.