Most Active Stories
- Marlboro High School Students, Parents, Sue Coach, District
- Riverkeeper Raises Concern Over Fracking Waste As De-Icer For NY Roads
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- NY: Vatican Survey & "Francis Effect"
WAMC New York News
Thu August 26, 2004
NY State To Pocket Local Speeding Ticket Fines
By Allison Dunne
Poughkeepsie, New York – There is a portion of the recently passed New York State budget that will take nearly $23 million dollars in speeding ticket fines from the pockets of local governments. That money will instead go to the state. Town officials say they are taken aback by the move, and are scrambling to assess how their localities would be affected. More from WAMC's Hudson Valley Bureau Chief Allison Dunne.