Most Active Stories
- Cousin, 19, Charged With Murder Of 5-Year-Old After Kidnapping Hoax
- County Execs Propose Partial Funding Plan For The New NY Bridge
- Part Five Of Student Loan Series Focuses On Young Farmers
- Officials Inaugurate High Speed Rail Line In Western Mass.
- Part Two Of Student Loan Series Looks At Adult Learners
WAMC New York News
Mon July 25, 2005
NY Tire-Burning Proposal Is Out for Comment
By Allison Dunne
Ravena, NY – The public comment period is underway for a tire-burning proposal for Albany County. The proposal comes from Lafarge North America, and the plan is to burn tires as a source of fuel at its Ravena Cement Plant. An environmental and citizens group is vowing to hold the proposal to the strictest environmental standards. More from WAMC's Hudson Valley Bureau Chief Allison Dunne.