Most Active Stories
- Boston Bombing Suspect's Body Finally 'Entombed,' Police Say
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- Dr. Zlatan Krizan, Iowa State University – Envy and Narcissism
- Complaints Voiced At Forum About VA Claims Backlog
Central New York News
Wed November 14, 2012
NY town supervisor charged with molesting child
Authorities say a town supervisor in central New York has been charged with sexually abusing a child. More from WAMC's Dave Lucas
Officials tell local media outlets that state police have arrested 52-year-old Mark Scheidelman and charged him with having sexual contact with a child younger than 11 years old.
Scheidelman is supervisor for the Oneida County town of Trenton, just north of Utica. He's also a former chairman of the county Republican Committee.
He was released from the county jail after posting $25,000 bail.
It wasn't initially known if Scheidelman has a lawyer.
(C) 2012 AP