Most Active Stories
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Complaints Voiced At Forum About VA Claims Backlog
- Where Did That Fried Chicken Stereotype Come From?
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- NY AG Breaks Cigarette Trafficking Ring, Hints Terror Ties
WAMC New York News
Wed December 29, 2004
NY Towns to Keep Funds from Traffic Fines
By Allison Dunne
Albany, NY – New York Governor Pataki has signed legislation that allows local governments to keep their share of revenues from traffic fines. The legislation repeals a budget measure that would have sent nearly $23 million dollars in speeding ticket revenues to state coffers. More from WAMC's Hudson Valley Bureau Chief Allison Dunne.