Most Active Stories
- Saratoga County Sheriff's Sgt. Resigns, Charged With Misconduct After Video Goes Viral
- Pittsfield's 3rd Thursdays Undergoes Changes For 2015 Season
- Donation Of Historic Amusement Park May Be Brought To Referendum
- Maloney: de Blasio "Should Have Head Examined" After Withholding Clinton Endorsement
- Williams College New Environmental Center Reaching For High Bar
New York News
Mon August 26, 2013
NY Troopers Promise Thruway Enforcement Push
New York State Police say they're planning an enforcement initiative along the Thruway starting today and continuing through the week until Labor Day.
Troopers along the toll road that extends across the state are scheduled to be in full force and conduct what's called "Operation Summer Brake," watching for speeders, intoxicated and aggressive drivers and those using cell phones while driving.
Captain Michael Eaton says police will also be conducting checks that motorists are wearing seat belts as required.
As the last holiday of the summer season, he says that usually means more Thruway traffic.
Copyright 2013 Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.