Most Active Stories
- Dr. Russell Johnson, Michigan State University - The Harmful Effects of Smartphones
- The Great Debate - Single Payer or Private Insurance
- MA Health Connector Dwindles Backlog; Website Work Remains
- Dr. Russell Poldrack, University of Texas at Austin - Studying fluctuations of the brain
- Glens Falls Prepares For Basketball Tournament Weekend
New York News
Wed February 20, 2013
NY-UUP Strike A Deal
The Cuomo Administration has reached an agreement with one of New York’s public unions.
35-thousand State University of New York employees represented by United University Professions have been working without a contract since 2011. A new, tentative agreement calls for a zero percent wage increase from 2011 to 2013. It also calls for imposition of a 9-day “Deficit Reduction Program.”
A UUP spokesperson says 7 of those would be "lag payroll" days and the other two "unpaid leave" - there would be no effect on professors meeting any classroom obligations. Both the Union and Governor Andrew Cuomo issued statements characterizing the new contract as "fair."