Most Active Stories
- Marlboro High School Students, Parents, Sue Coach, District
- Riverkeeper Raises Concern Over Fracking Waste As De-Icer For NY Roads
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- NY: Vatican Survey & "Francis Effect"
New York News
Wed February 20, 2013
NY-UUP Strike A Deal
The Cuomo Administration has reached an agreement with one of New York’s public unions.
35-thousand State University of New York employees represented by United University Professions have been working without a contract since 2011. A new, tentative agreement calls for a zero percent wage increase from 2011 to 2013. It also calls for imposition of a 9-day “Deficit Reduction Program.”
A UUP spokesperson says 7 of those would be "lag payroll" days and the other two "unpaid leave" - there would be no effect on professors meeting any classroom obligations. Both the Union and Governor Andrew Cuomo issued statements characterizing the new contract as "fair."