Most Active Stories
- Dr. Jeffrianne Wilder, University of North Florida – Skin Color and Racism
- Boston Bombing Suspect's Body Finally 'Entombed,' Police Say
- Dr. Zlatan Krizan, Iowa State University – Envy and Narcissism
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- Complaints Voiced At Forum About VA Claims Backlog
Capital District News
Tue April 10, 2012
NY Will Inspect Bus Lines with Poor Records More
One of the smallest and most overlooked items in New York's new state budget just could be a life saver. WAMC's Dave Lucas reports...
Governor Andrew Cuomo and the Legislature agreed to devote $1 million to change the way buses are inspected in New York following a bloody year on the road.
Instead of inspecting every bus several times a year, the state will switch to a "performance based" system in which companies with the worst safety records will be inspected more.
All companies will still get at least two inspections a year, even those with top safety records.
Dave Lucas, WAMC News.
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.