Most Active Stories
- New Analysis And Science Answer Governor Cuomo’s Fracking Concerns
- North Adams Goes Unsilent: Electronic Audio Experience Fills Streets
- Anchor Stores Announced For Newburgh Shopping Complex
- BMC Nurses Picket Claiming Unsafe Staffing Levels
- Vermont GMO Supporters Decry Federal Bill Targeting State Level Legislation
Hudson Valley News
Thu August 16, 2012
NY woman sentenced for trying to kill her mother
A Hudson Valley woman has been sentenced to 18 years to life in prison for trying to kill her 72-year-old mother after telling her "you're a dead lady tonight." WAMC's Dave Lucas has details.
Local media outlets report that Lois Lubrano was sentenced in Ulster County Court in Kingston on Tuesday, two months after she was convicted of attempted murder and attempted assault.
Authorities say the 42-year-old fired a shotgun at her mother in June 2011 during an argument at the home they shared in Napanoch, 70 miles south of Albany.
Lubrano was arrested after a nearly four-hour standoff with police.
Prosecutors Lubrano had made numerous death threats against her mother, who hid a digital audio recorder in the home. On the recording, Lubrano is heard telling her mother she was going to die that night.
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press.