Most Active Stories
- Cheerios Commercial Leaves Bitter Taste
- Breaking the Sound Barrier - NPR Labs Brings Radio To Hearing Impaired
- Dr. Dorothy Peteet, Columbia University – Hudson River and Climate Records
- Dr. Sara Konrath, University of Michigan – Age and Empathy
- Mass. Medical Marijuana Regulations Approved, Communities Prepare For Dispensaries
Hudson Valley News
Thu August 16, 2012
NY woman sentenced for trying to kill her mother
A Hudson Valley woman has been sentenced to 18 years to life in prison for trying to kill her 72-year-old mother after telling her "you're a dead lady tonight." WAMC's Dave Lucas has details.
Local media outlets report that Lois Lubrano was sentenced in Ulster County Court in Kingston on Tuesday, two months after she was convicted of attempted murder and attempted assault.
Authorities say the 42-year-old fired a shotgun at her mother in June 2011 during an argument at the home they shared in Napanoch, 70 miles south of Albany.
Lubrano was arrested after a nearly four-hour standoff with police.
Prosecutors Lubrano had made numerous death threats against her mother, who hid a digital audio recorder in the home. On the recording, Lubrano is heard telling her mother she was going to die that night.
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press.