Most Active Stories
- Marlboro High School Students, Parents, Sue Coach, District
- Riverkeeper Raises Concern Over Fracking Waste As De-Icer For NY Roads
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- NY: Vatican Survey & "Francis Effect"
WAMC New York News
Mon February 7, 2005
NYC to Appeal Gay Marriage Ruling
By Allison Dunne
New York, NY – New York City officials will appeal Friday's decision in which a state supreme court justice struck down the ban on gay marriage. Mayor Michael Bloomberg says the city aims to appeal directly to the state's Court of Appeals. Both sides say the high court would then have the final word on the legality of gay marriage in New York. WAMC's Allison Dunne filed this report.