Most Active Stories
- MA And CT Declare State Of Emergency, Issues Travel Bans As Winter Blast Nears
- New York State Assembly Speaker Sheldon Silver Arrested On Corruption Charges
- NYS Assembly Speaker Sheldon Silver Charged in Corruption Scheme
- Wrinkles In Schenectady Casino Planning
- International Paper Employee Dies From Injuries
WAMC New York News
Tue March 14, 2006
NYC to handle Gilboa spill control
By Jessica Bloustein
Schoharie County, NY – New York City will spend more than $200 million dollars to reconstruct the nearly 80-year-old Gilboa Dam--the city announced yesterday that it will pay particular attention to flood control-a prospect that is encouraging for the flood-prone upstate county of Schoharie.
WAMC's Capital District Bureau Chief Jessica Bloustein reports.