Most Active Stories
- Marlboro High School Students, Parents, Sue Coach, District
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- White House Cites Pre-Existing Condition Case From Its Own Ranks
- The Truth About The Left Brain / Right Brain Relationship
New York News
Wed August 15, 2012
NYC Mayor Bloomberg wants election debate on immigration
New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg wants to ignite debate over immigration among the presidential contenders. WAMC's Dave Lucas has details...
Bloomberg joined former White House Chief of Staff William Daley on Tuesday in addressing business leaders in Chicago, telling them that immigrants and the jobs and businesses they create are essential to America's economic recovery.
Bloomberg says he knows of no other way to help the economy "as quickly and cost free" as opening the borders to those who would start up new businesses that create new jobs.
Bloomberg and Daley lamented that neither presidential campaign has spelled out proposals on immigration policy.
They also presented a report released Tuesday by a partnership of U.S. mayors and business leaders showing that immigrants started one out of four new businesses last year.
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press.