Most Active Stories
- Pittsfield's 3rd Thursdays Undergoes Changes For 2015 Season
- Saratoga County Sheriff's Sgt. Resigns, Charged With Misconduct After Video Goes Viral
- Donation Of Historic Amusement Park May Be Brought To Referendum
- Maloney: de Blasio "Should Have Head Examined" After Withholding Clinton Endorsement
- Williams College New Environmental Center Reaching For High Bar
New York News
Fri January 10, 2014
NYC Mayor: NJ Bridge Lane Closures 'Immoral'
New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio has called the apparently politically inspired lane closures on the New Jersey side of the George Washington Bridge "immoral."
De Blasio told reporters Thursday that Gov. Chris Christie was right to apologize and take action but said closing lanes is, "not professional, it's not mature, it's absolutely immoral."
The Democratic mayor said New Yorkers were affected by the September traffic jams. He said there are still bigger questions about what happened and called the closures "unacceptable."
The Republican governor fired a top aide Thursday and apologized for what he called his staff's "stupid" behavior.
Emails and text messages released Wednesday suggest Christie's aide arranged the jams to punish the mayor of Fort Lee for not endorsing the governor.
Copyright 2013 Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.