Most Active Stories
- Retracing The Steps Of Solomon Northup In Saratoga Springs
- Health Summit Focuses On Gender Equality In Clinical Research
- Vox Pop : Medical Monday - Dr. Richard Horowitz : 2/24/14
- Senate Republicans Block Sanders Omnibus Veterans Bill
- Dr. David Trilling, Northern Arizona University - Can an asteroid impact Earth?
WAMC New York News
Tue December 14, 2004
NYS Agency Call Outsourcing Draws Concern
By Allison Dunne
Monticello, NY – County-level workers along with local legislators say they were surprised to learn that toll-free calls to a New York State government helpline are routed outside the country. They say the problem is twofold - that some who call for help cannot always understand those on the other end of the line, and that the jobs should stay in the state. Area legislators are looking into the matter. More from WAMC's Allison Dunne.