Most Active Stories
- Cousin, 19, Charged With Murder Of 5-Year-Old After Kidnapping Hoax
- County Execs Propose Partial Funding Plan For The New NY Bridge
- Part Five Of Student Loan Series Focuses On Young Farmers
- Officials Inaugurate High Speed Rail Line In Western Mass.
- Part Two Of Student Loan Series Looks At Adult Learners
WAMC New York News
Tue December 14, 2004
NYS Agency Call Outsourcing Draws Concern
By Allison Dunne
Monticello, NY – County-level workers along with local legislators say they were surprised to learn that toll-free calls to a New York State government helpline are routed outside the country. They say the problem is twofold - that some who call for help cannot always understand those on the other end of the line, and that the jobs should stay in the state. Area legislators are looking into the matter. More from WAMC's Allison Dunne.