Most Active Stories
- Dr. Russell Johnson, Michigan State University - The Harmful Effects of Smartphones
- The Great Debate - Single Payer or Private Insurance
- MA Health Connector Dwindles Backlog; Website Work Remains
- Dr. Russell Poldrack, University of Texas at Austin - Studying fluctuations of the brain
- A Whole Lotta Flash: Lesli Margherita In "Matilda: The Musical"
New York News
Thu February 14, 2013
NYS audit finds MTA is sitting on $90M
A New York State audit finds that the MTA overlooked over $90 million sitting in various bank accounts.
State Comptroller Thomas DiNapoli says the agency did a poor job managing its cash on hand. He said it had excess bank accounts and no set targets for short-term investing of billions of dollars.
The audit made several recommendations on how the MTA could improve management of its cash and investments.
In its response, the agency said it rigorously monitors its funds, balances and investments.
The audit looked at the MTA's management of its cash flow and investments from January 2008 to March 2012.