Most Active Stories
- County Execs Propose Partial Funding Plan For The New NY Bridge
- Cousin, 19, Charged With Murder Of 5-Year-Old After Kidnapping Hoax
- Part Five Of Student Loan Series Focuses On Young Farmers
- Officials Inaugurate High Speed Rail Line In Western Mass.
- Part Two Of Student Loan Series Looks At Adult Learners
New York News
Thu February 14, 2013
NYS audit finds MTA is sitting on $90M
A New York State audit finds that the MTA overlooked over $90 million sitting in various bank accounts.
State Comptroller Thomas DiNapoli says the agency did a poor job managing its cash on hand. He said it had excess bank accounts and no set targets for short-term investing of billions of dollars.
The audit made several recommendations on how the MTA could improve management of its cash and investments.
In its response, the agency said it rigorously monitors its funds, balances and investments.
The audit looked at the MTA's management of its cash flow and investments from January 2008 to March 2012.