Most Active Stories
- Dr. Russell Johnson, Michigan State University - The Harmful Effects of Smartphones
- The Great Debate - Single Payer or Private Insurance
- MA Health Connector Dwindles Backlog; Website Work Remains
- Dr. Russell Poldrack, University of Texas at Austin - Studying fluctuations of the brain
- A Whole Lotta Flash: Lesli Margherita In "Matilda: The Musical"
WAMC New York News
Mon November 8, 2004
NYS Businesses To See Tax Hike
By Allison Dunne
Kingston, NY – New York is readying a tax hike for businesses across the state. The reason for the double-digit increase is to cover funds the state borrowed to pay unemployment benefits after the September Eleventh terrorist attacks. More from WAMC's Hudson Valley Bureau Chief Allison Dunne.