Most Active Stories
- Dr. Russell Johnson, Michigan State University - The Harmful Effects of Smartphones
- The Great Debate - Single Payer or Private Insurance
- MA Health Connector Dwindles Backlog; Website Work Remains
- Dr. Russell Poldrack, University of Texas at Austin - Studying fluctuations of the brain
- A Whole Lotta Flash: Lesli Margherita In "Matilda: The Musical"
WAMC New York News
Thu August 19, 2004
NYS Helps Hudson Valley Affordable Housing
By Allison Dunne
Kingston, New York – Affordable housing in the Hudson Valley is getting a more than $21 million-dollar boost from state aid. New York Governor George Pataki says the funding will go to nearly 849 affordable housing opportunities in the region, and result in additional construction jobs. Grant recipients say any amount helps; and one familiar with the area's housing needs says there's a problem with the local process. WAMC's Hudson Valley Bureau Chief Allison Dunne has more.