Most Active Stories
- Cousin, 19, Charged With Murder Of 5-Year-Old After Kidnapping Hoax
- County Execs Propose Partial Funding Plan For The New NY Bridge
- Part Five Of Student Loan Series Focuses On Young Farmers
- Officials Inaugurate High Speed Rail Line In Western Mass.
- Part Two Of Student Loan Series Looks At Adult Learners
WAMC New York News
Mon May 31, 2004
NY's Manning Pumps for Gas Sales Tax Relief
By Allison Dunne
Wappingers Falls, NY – As Memorial Day Weekend wraps up, efforts to cushion the blow from high prices at the pumps are underway. At least one gas station in the Hudson Valley continues to collect signatures in support of suspending New York's sales tax on gasoline. Republican Assemblymen Patrick Manning started the petitions. More from WAMC's Hudson Valley Bureau Chief Allison Dunne.