Most Active Stories
- Prof. Nancy Prideaux, University of Texas Austin – Logistics of Black Friday
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- F-35 To Be Housed At Vermont Air Guard Base
- Mayor-Elect, City Leaders Call For Verizon FIOS In Albany
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
New York News
Fri March 30, 2012
NY's Schumer to Run 2013 Presidential Inaugural
Congress has chosen U.S. Senator Charles Schumer of New York to be chairman of the presidential inauguration next year, regardless of which candidate wins. WAMC's Dave Lucas has details…
The Democrat was chosen by congressional leaders for what is seen as a coveted and historic post in Washington.
Schumer will organize the Jan. 21 event at the U.S. Capitol.
He says the ceremony is designed to bring Americans together after a presidential election and show off some of America's best products.
This year the legal date of inauguration falls on a Sunday, so it's being moved to the following Monday. That date is also Martin Luther King Jr. Day, the second time the inauguration will fall on that holiday. The first time was President Bill Clinton's second inauguration, in 1997.
Dave Lucas, WAMC News.
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.