Most Active Stories
- Marlboro High School Students, Parents, Sue Coach, District
- Prof. Nancy Prideaux, University of Texas Austin – Logistics of Black Friday
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- F-35 To Be Housed At Vermont Air Guard Base
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
Hudson Valley News
Sat March 2, 2013
NYS Senator Inducts Veterans Into His Hall of Fame
A New York State Senator from the Hudson Valley will hold his second annual Veterans’ Hall of Fame tonight (Saturday). The event was originally scheduled back on November 1, but was moved because of Superstorm Sandy.
State Senator Greg Ball created the Veterans’ Hall of Fame to honor local men and women considered outstanding by local elected officials. Ball’s staff went town by town in the senator’s 40th district, which includes parts of Westchester, Putnam, and Dutchess Counties, asking town-board and city-council members to nominate a veteran. Some nominated two. More than thirty veterans are being honored tonight, and their names will be part of a traveling wall that will be taken on tour throughout the 40th district. Ball will induct the members into his Hall of Fame beginning at 6 tonight (Saturday), at the Henry H. Wells Middle School in Brewster, in Putnam County. The Republican Ball chairs the Senate’s Veterans, Homeland Security and Military Affairs Committee.