Most Active Stories
- Saratoga County Sheriff's Sgt. Resigns, Charged With Misconduct After Video Goes Viral
- Scenic Rail Expected To Be Running In Northern Berkshires This Summer
- Donation Of Historic Amusement Park May Be Brought To Referendum
- Maloney: de Blasio "Should Have Head Examined" After Withholding Clinton Endorsement
- Threats Lead To Hamilton College Lockdown
WAMC New York News
Wed January 4, 2006
NYS Thruway Authority to collect outstanding tolls
By Jessica Bloustein
Albany, NY – The New York State Thruway authority says it has lost $4.9 million in outstanding tolls. To recoup the debt, traced to the E-Z Pass program, the agency has hired a New Jersey-based collection agency. But before the collection begins, the authority is giving customers and possible toll jumpers one last chance to settle debts.
WAMC's Pioneer Valley Bureau Chief Jessica Bloustein reports.