Most Active Stories
- Cousin, 19, Charged With Murder Of 5-Year-Old After Kidnapping Hoax
- County Execs Propose Partial Funding Plan For The New NY Bridge
- Part Five Of Student Loan Series Focuses On Young Farmers
- Officials Inaugurate High Speed Rail Line In Western Mass.
- Part Two Of Student Loan Series Looks At Adult Learners
WAMC New York News
Wed January 4, 2006
NYS Thruway Authority to collect outstanding tolls
By Jessica Bloustein
Albany, NY – The New York State Thruway authority says it has lost $4.9 million in outstanding tolls. To recoup the debt, traced to the E-Z Pass program, the agency has hired a New Jersey-based collection agency. But before the collection begins, the authority is giving customers and possible toll jumpers one last chance to settle debts.
WAMC's Pioneer Valley Bureau Chief Jessica Bloustein reports.