Most Active Stories
- MA Health Connector Dwindles Backlog; Website Work Remains
- Dr. Russell Poldrack, University of Texas at Austin - Studying fluctuations of the brain
- Beyond Addiction: How Science and Kindness Help People Change
- Dr. Chad Jensen, Brigham Young University - Specific types of bullying have specific results
- From The Museum To The Dorm Room: Williams Art Loan Program
Mon May 14, 2012
Obama Heading to New York for Commencement Address
President Barack Obama will spend Monday in New York City, and his comments in support of same-sex marriage appear likely to be a principal focus of discussion.
Obama is scheduled to deliver the commencement address at Barnard College, where he'll share the stage with Evan Wolfson, the founder of the pro-gay group Freedom to Marry.
Next, the president will tape an appearance on "The View."
After that he'll speak at two campaign events, including a major fundraiser with gay and Latino donors headlined by singer Ricky Martin, before returning to the White House.
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.