Most Active Stories
- Saratoga County Sheriff's Sgt. Resigns, Charged With Misconduct After Video Goes Viral
- Donation Of Historic Amusement Park May Be Brought To Referendum
- Maloney: de Blasio "Should Have Head Examined" After Withholding Clinton Endorsement
- Pittsfield's 3rd Thursdays Undergoes Changes For 2015 Season
- Western Massachusetts School Investigates Allegations Of Inappropriate Sexual Conduct
New England News
Mon June 25, 2012
Obama Heads to MA for Fundraisers
President Barack Obama is stopping in Massachusetts to raise money for his re-election campaign and fellow Democrats. WAMC’s Tristan O’Neill reports…
The president's first event on Monday is a small campaign round-table at Hamersley's Bistro in Boston's South End with 25 people. Tickets cost $40,000 per person.
Obama will later speak to 1,800 people at Symphony Hall in Boston. General admission started at $250 with top seats going for $2,500. A limited number of $144 tickets were available for younger supporters.
The president will finish Monday at a fundraising dinner with 100 people at a private home in Weston with tickets costing $17,900 per person and $35,800 per couple.
Money from all three events will go to a joint fundraising committee of Obama for America, the Democratic National Committee and several state Democratic parties.
Tristan O’Neill, WAMC News.
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.