Most Active Stories
- Saratoga County Sheriff's Sgt. Resigns, Charged With Misconduct After Video Goes Viral
- Donation Of Historic Amusement Park May Be Brought To Referendum
- Pittsfield's 3rd Thursdays Undergoes Changes For 2015 Season
- Maloney: de Blasio "Should Have Head Examined" After Withholding Clinton Endorsement
- Williams College New Environmental Center Reaching For High Bar
New England News
Wed November 7, 2012
Obama Victory Fuels Speculation On Kerry's Future
Tuesdays election results have renewed speculation about the future of Massachusetts Senator John Kerry. WAMC’s Paul Tuthill reports
Kerry, who is chairman of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee is seen a possible successor to Secretary of State Hillary Clinton in President Obama’s second term.. Massachusetts Governor Deval Patrick says at this point it is just wild speculation.
As for what if any role Patrick might have in a second Obama term, he said he’ll do anything his friend the president asks, so long as it does not force him to give up his job. Patrick has vowed to serve out his term as Governor, which has two more years.