Most Active Stories
- New Analysis And Science Answer Governor Cuomo’s Fracking Concerns
- Anchor Stores Announced For Newburgh Shopping Complex
- North Adams Goes Unsilent: Electronic Audio Experience Fills Streets
- BMC Nurses Picket Claiming Unsafe Staffing Levels
- Vermont GMO Supporters Decry Federal Bill Targeting State Level Legislation
New England News
Wed November 7, 2012
Obama Victory Fuels Speculation On Kerry's Future
Tuesdays election results have renewed speculation about the future of Massachusetts Senator John Kerry. WAMC’s Paul Tuthill reports
Kerry, who is chairman of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee is seen a possible successor to Secretary of State Hillary Clinton in President Obama’s second term.. Massachusetts Governor Deval Patrick says at this point it is just wild speculation.
As for what if any role Patrick might have in a second Obama term, he said he’ll do anything his friend the president asks, so long as it does not force him to give up his job. Patrick has vowed to serve out his term as Governor, which has two more years.