Most Active Stories
- Marlboro High School Students, Parents, Sue Coach, District
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- F-35 To Be Housed At Vermont Air Guard Base
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- White House Cites Pre-Existing Condition Case From Its Own Ranks
New York News
Tue May 8, 2012
Obama to Visit Albany High-Tech Center with Cuomo
President Barack Obama is preparing to deliver a speech on the economy that will use the backdrop of a high-technology facility in Albany that grew out of a partnership with private enterprise and bipartisanship.
Beside him through much of Tuesday's visit will be Governor Andrew Cuomo. In his campaign in 2010, Cuomo made jobs and the economy part of his "new Democrat" theme. Cuomo has also shows a Democratic executive can work closely with Republicans, something the president has struggled with in Washington.
The trip is Obama's third to high-tech sites around Albany. Tuesday he visits to the College of Nanoscale Science and Engineering at the University at Albany in the heart of the Rust Belt state.
Obama's campaign launched a TV ad Monday to promote his economic actions.
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.