Most Active Stories
- Saratoga County Sheriff's Sgt. Resigns, Charged With Misconduct After Video Goes Viral
- Donation Of Historic Amusement Park May Be Brought To Referendum
- Maloney: de Blasio "Should Have Head Examined" After Withholding Clinton Endorsement
- Pittsfield's 3rd Thursdays Undergoes Changes For 2015 Season
- Western Massachusetts School Investigates Allegations Of Inappropriate Sexual Conduct
New York News
Wed May 9, 2012
Obama Visits Albany High-Tech Center with Cuomo
Governor Andrew Cuomo has praised President Barack Obama's leadership as the two men toured a high-tech facility in Albany created out of a partnership with private enterprise and bipartisanship. WAMC’s Dave Lucas reports…
Cuomo made jobs and the economy part of his "new Democrat" movement in his 2010 campaign. Speaking during a tour of a nano-technology facility Tuesday, Cuomo said Obama has bought the nation "through the storm."
When Obama took the stage, he and Cuomo embraced and the president returned the praise his own speech, saying Cuomo has done "outstanding work."
The brief upstate New York visit has some long-term impact. Cuomo is said to be interested in running for president in 2016. Being close to a president with such foreign relations experience addresses a weak spot for most governors.
Dave Lucas, WAMC News.
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.