Most Active Stories
- Marlboro High School Students, Parents, Sue Coach, District
- Riverkeeper Raises Concern Over Fracking Waste As De-Icer For NY Roads
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- NY: Vatican Survey & "Francis Effect"
Tue April 16, 2013
Obama: 'We will find out who did this'
President Barack Obama, responding to the explosions at the Boston Marathon, says the United States does not know "who did this or why" but vowed that whoever is responsible "will feel the full weight of justice."
He said: "We will find out who did this and we will hold them accountable."
Obama made his remarks Monday evening from the White House about three hours after two explosions detonated near the marathon's finish line. At least three people were killed and more than 100 injured in the blasts.
Obama has been in touch with federal law enforcement and Massachusetts officials in the aftermath of the explosions.
The Secret Service reacted cautiously to the blasts, expanding the security perimeter around the White House.
The Pakistani Taliban have denied any role in the bombings, though the group has threatened attacks in the U.S. in the past.
The FBI is asking anyone who has information, visual images or details on the explosions at the Boston Marathon to call a special hotline. The number is 1-800-225-5324. That's 1-800-CALL-FBI.
Copyright 2013 Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.