Most Active Stories
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Complaints Voiced At Forum About VA Claims Backlog
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- Dr. Claudia Buchmann, Ohio State University – Higher Education Gender Gap
- NY AG Breaks Cigarette Trafficking Ring, Hints Terror Ties
Capital District News
Wed May 9, 2012
Obama's 'To Do' List for Congress: Jobs, Mortgages
President Barack Obama is contrasting himself with congressional Republicans by saying they have blocked his job creation plans. He says now is not the time for inaction. WAMC’s Dave Lucas has more...
Obama was speaking at a college science complex in New York to draw attention to proposals he has been pushing before Congress since last September. His appeal comes as millions of Americans remain out of work and as thousands have given up looking for work.
He has prepared a "to do list" that calls for extending low student loan rates, passing tax credits for small businesses, and eliminating tax breaks for certain corporations that move jobs overseas. It also calls for adoption of a program that helps veterans find work, and measures to make it easier for homeowners to refinance.
Dave Lucas, WAMC News.
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.