Most Active Stories
- Marlboro High School Students, Parents, Sue Coach, District
- Riverkeeper Raises Concern Over Fracking Waste As De-Icer For NY Roads
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- NY: Vatican Survey & "Francis Effect"
Wed May 15, 2013
The Obamas Release 2012 Financial Disclosure
Originally published on Wed May 15, 2013 8:11 pm
President Obama and first lady Michelle Obama have released their latest financial disclosure form, which covers 2012.
Their assets are reported in ranges, as per the rules for public officials. Here are some highlights:
-- Assets of between $1.8 million and $7 million, including Treasury notes worth $1 million-$5 million, $250,001-$500,000 in a checking account and $100,001-$250,000 in Treasury bills.
-- Each of them had $100,001-$250,000 in individual retirement fund accounts.
-- They have a $500,001-$1 million 30-year mortgage on their Chicago home and are paying 5.625 percent on the loan.
-- The president has collected between $250,000 and $2.1 million in royalties on his three best-selling books, "Dreams From My Father" and "The Audacity of Hope," plus a children's book, "Of Thee I Sing: A Letter to My Daughters."