Most Active Stories
- Dr. Russell Johnson, Michigan State University - The Harmful Effects of Smartphones
- The Great Debate - Single Payer or Private Insurance
- MA Health Connector Dwindles Backlog; Website Work Remains
- Dr. Russell Poldrack, University of Texas at Austin - Studying fluctuations of the brain
- A Whole Lotta Flash: Lesli Margherita In "Matilda: The Musical"
WAMC New York News
Thu December 22, 2011
Occupy Albany Continues Past Deadline
By Dave Lucas
Albany, NY – The 7am Deadline for Occupiers to fold their tents and leave Albany's Academny park has come and gone. WAMC's Dave Lucas visited Occupy Albany this morning...
The tents are still standing - Occupy Albany ignoring an order from the city to vacate the park it has camped out in since October 21st - one lone protester stood with his sign on the street this morning - Anthony Hadden from Occupy Schenectady, who told WAMC more protesters are expected today. Occupiers from other cities have been invited to join in this evenings' "pot luck" dinner and "keep the park" rally. No one knows for certain if if city police will attempt to remove the protesters from the park. The movement has at least one, possibly two indoor spaces ready should they be forced out.