Most Active Stories
- Marlboro High School Students, Parents, Sue Coach, District
- Riverkeeper Raises Concern Over Fracking Waste As De-Icer For NY Roads
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- NY: Vatican Survey & "Francis Effect"
Capital District News
Fri January 4, 2013
Official: Girl dies after upstate NY house fire
Fire officials say a girl has died after being carried from a burning home near Albany. WAMC’s Dave Lucas reports
Niskayuna Fire Chief Dale Lingenfelter tells local media outlets the girl was found unconscious in a downstairs bedroom after a neighbor spotted smoke and firefighters were called to the house just before 8:30 a.m. Friday.
He says the girl, believed to be about 13 years old, died at a nearby hospital.
The cause of the fire is under investigation, but Lingenfelter says it's believed to have started in a kitchen.
He says the girl lived with her father, who was away at work.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press.