Most Active Stories
- Oakland Sweeps Yankees 3-2 In 18 Innings
- Report Cards Assessing Vermont Legislature on Business Issues Released
- Dr. Elizabeth Greene, Western University – Roman Shoes
- Dr. Leah Lakdawala, Michigan State University – Prenatal Sexism
- Dr. Thomas Wartenberg, Mount Holyoke College – Philosophy of Children’s Books
Capital District News
Fri January 4, 2013
Official: Girl dies after upstate NY house fire
Fire officials say a girl has died after being carried from a burning home near Albany. WAMC’s Dave Lucas reports
Niskayuna Fire Chief Dale Lingenfelter tells local media outlets the girl was found unconscious in a downstairs bedroom after a neighbor spotted smoke and firefighters were called to the house just before 8:30 a.m. Friday.
He says the girl, believed to be about 13 years old, died at a nearby hospital.
The cause of the fire is under investigation, but Lingenfelter says it's believed to have started in a kitchen.
He says the girl lived with her father, who was away at work.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press.