Most Active Stories
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Complaints Voiced At Forum About VA Claims Backlog
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- Dr. Claudia Buchmann, Ohio State University – Higher Education Gender Gap
- NY AG Breaks Cigarette Trafficking Ring, Hints Terror Ties
Capital District News
Fri January 4, 2013
Official: Girl dies after upstate NY house fire
Fire officials say a girl has died after being carried from a burning home near Albany. WAMC’s Dave Lucas reports
Niskayuna Fire Chief Dale Lingenfelter tells local media outlets the girl was found unconscious in a downstairs bedroom after a neighbor spotted smoke and firefighters were called to the house just before 8:30 a.m. Friday.
He says the girl, believed to be about 13 years old, died at a nearby hospital.
The cause of the fire is under investigation, but Lingenfelter says it's believed to have started in a kitchen.
He says the girl lived with her father, who was away at work.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press.