Most Active Stories
- Cousin, 19, Charged With Murder Of 5-Year-Old After Kidnapping Hoax
- County Execs Propose Partial Funding Plan For The New NY Bridge
- Part Five Of Student Loan Series Focuses On Young Farmers
- Officials Inaugurate High Speed Rail Line In Western Mass.
- Part Two Of Student Loan Series Looks At Adult Learners
WAMC New York News
Tue February 14, 2006
Officials Consider More Alternatives to Passports at Border
By Pat Bradley
Plattsburgh, NY – The Western Hemisphere Travel Initiative passed by Congress will require everyone crossing the border to have a passport or other approved secure document before they can enter the U-S. But the alternative documents that have been proposed by the Department of Homeland Security and the Department of State have not satisfied the concerns of those who live and work along the northern border with Canada. It now appears that Federal officials have another idea for border documents. WAMC's North Country Bureau Chief Pat Bradley has more.