Most Active Stories
- Marlboro High School Students, Parents, Sue Coach, District
- Riverkeeper Raises Concern Over Fracking Waste As De-Icer For NY Roads
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- NY: Vatican Survey & "Francis Effect"
New England News
Thu February 21, 2013
Officials Fight Expected Cuts At Westover Air Reserve Base
A campaign continues to save a western Massachusetts military base from expected Pentagon budget cuts.
Chicopee Mayor Michael Bissonnette is fighting a plan to transfer half of the current fleet of C-5 cargo planes from the Westover Air Force Reserve Base
Bissonnette said he recently met with US Senator Elizabeth Warren to impress on her the importance of the base. Congressman Richard Neal also opposes downsizing Westover. The base employs 5500 hundred people and puts $240 million in payroll into the local economy.