Most Active Stories
- Dr. Jeffrianne Wilder, University of North Florida – Skin Color and Racism
- Boston Bombing Suspect's Body Finally 'Entombed,' Police Say
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Dr. Zlatan Krizan, Iowa State University – Envy and Narcissism
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
New England News
Thu February 21, 2013
Officials Fight Expected Cuts At Westover Air Reserve Base
A campaign continues to save a western Massachusetts military base from expected Pentagon budget cuts.
Chicopee Mayor Michael Bissonnette is fighting a plan to transfer half of the current fleet of C-5 cargo planes from the Westover Air Force Reserve Base
Bissonnette said he recently met with US Senator Elizabeth Warren to impress on her the importance of the base. Congressman Richard Neal also opposes downsizing Westover. The base employs 5500 hundred people and puts $240 million in payroll into the local economy.