Most Active Stories
- Dr. Russell Johnson, Michigan State University - The Harmful Effects of Smartphones
- The Great Debate - Single Payer or Private Insurance
- MA Health Connector Dwindles Backlog; Website Work Remains
- Dr. Russell Poldrack, University of Texas at Austin - Studying fluctuations of the brain
- A Whole Lotta Flash: Lesli Margherita In "Matilda: The Musical"
WAMC New York News
Thu October 21, 2004
Officials Look North to Relieve Vaccine Shortage
By Pat Bradley
Plattsburgh, NY – Vermont Governor James Douglas has sent a letter to US Health and Human Services Secretary Tommy Thompson urging the federal government to approve the importation of one-point-two million doses of flu vaccine from I-D BioMedical in Quebec. Members of the Douglas administration have been working with the company to find a way to get the medicine. But any deal is dependant on federal approval... and that is yet to be forthcoming. More from North Country Bureau Chief Pat Bradley.