Most Active Stories
- Dr. Russell Johnson, Michigan State University - The Harmful Effects of Smartphones
- MA Health Connector Dwindles Backlog; Website Work Remains
- Dr. Russell Poldrack, University of Texas at Austin - Studying fluctuations of the brain
- Beyond Addiction: How Science and Kindness Help People Change
- Dr. Chad Jensen, Brigham Young University - Specific types of bullying have specific results
New England News
Mon December 16, 2013
Officials To Report On Vt. Disaster Preparedness
Officials from the state of Vermont, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency and Federal Emergency Management Agency are preparing to release two reports on how the state can better prepare itself for floods and other disasters.
Joined by the Montpelier-based Institute for Sustainable Communities, the officials are gathering at 11 a.m. Monday at the Vermont Department of Public Safety headquarters in Waterbury to release the reports.
The documents will make recommendations on lessening the damage and risk to Vermonters from floods and other disasters.
Copyright 2013 Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.