Most Active Stories
- Cousin, 19, Charged With Murder Of 5-Year-Old After Kidnapping Hoax
- County Execs Propose Partial Funding Plan For The New NY Bridge
- Part Five Of Student Loan Series Focuses On Young Farmers
- Officials Inaugurate High Speed Rail Line In Western Mass.
- Part Two Of Student Loan Series Looks At Adult Learners
New England News
Tue May 22, 2012
Officials to review tornado claim process
Massachusetts officials plan to release details of insurance claims connected to tornado destruction in the state's western and central parts last June. WAMC's Ian Pickus has more...
The National Weather Service says four tornadoes touched down during the June 1, 2011 storm, killing three people and damaging or destroying about 1,400 houses and 78 businesses.
State officials will join Springfield's mayor at 10 a.m. Tuesday at a damaged home in that city to review how insurance carriers and the state responded to the storm.
Public officials also will offer tips to help prepare consumers for any similar incidents in the future.
Copyright 2012 Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.