Most Active Stories
- New Analysis And Science Answer Governor Cuomo’s Fracking Concerns
- Anchor Stores Announced For Newburgh Shopping Complex
- North Adams Goes Unsilent: Electronic Audio Experience Fills Streets
- BMC Nurses Picket Claiming Unsafe Staffing Levels
- Conservation Group Praises USCG, EPA Oil-Spill Response Plan Effort
New England News
Tue May 22, 2012
Officials to review tornado claim process
Massachusetts officials plan to release details of insurance claims connected to tornado destruction in the state's western and central parts last June. WAMC's Ian Pickus has more...
The National Weather Service says four tornadoes touched down during the June 1, 2011 storm, killing three people and damaging or destroying about 1,400 houses and 78 businesses.
State officials will join Springfield's mayor at 10 a.m. Tuesday at a damaged home in that city to review how insurance carriers and the state responded to the storm.
Public officials also will offer tips to help prepare consumers for any similar incidents in the future.
Copyright 2012 Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.